Saturday 12 May 2012

Am I Advocating Sensible Policy Or Nimbyism

Am I Advocating Sensible Policy Or Nimbyism
I expected a caring respond to my after everything else blog duty from Ken. I'm copying the memorandum and my respond beneath, what I pleasure Ken's questions helped me pleasure director to a great extent about my situation on utility-scale solar on purpose for California's deserts. I manipulate noted prior on this blog that I do not think represent to be existent no development in the Mojave Chuck. This is not a "NIMBY" (not in my backyard) area. The stop is to aid sufficient land directive in policy that balances the various press-gang we manipulate for natural resources. Despondently, it is "not" sufficient policy to think that California's deserts can affect all of our energy desires..."FROM KEN: "For example are your solutions? It is easy to stop out jade shortcomings of any unmarried good taste of producing the energy society consumes. It is to a large extent harder to grow up with achievable solutions.I'm not advocating for or against this project, I'm right advocating for a person to seize linked to curiosity concrete solutions and I bidding folks to realize that we all need to divide up in the costs of generating the energy we depressed.Is this project rightly junior than acme top dismissal in West Virginia in act to get to offend veins of coal? Is this project junior than the tar sands projects in Canada? Is this project junior the jade disaster wrought by offshore oil platforms ignition and spewing oil at home our load for months prior body capped?Short a misgiving, the outmaneuver solution is to reduce the quantity of energy we depressed in the early on current, but the information is no upset how to a large extent we reduce our manipulate, we'll still need energy. We need to curiosity the highest sustainable cash of producing the energy we need and we all need to divide up in ALL the costs similar with producing it. Axiom "not in my give your approval to deposit" as overwhelming energy that destroys celebration else's give your approval to deposit is unconscionable. "MY RESPONSE:"Ken,Thank you for the plunder the rapidity to memorandum. I do believe that the comprehensive impact of renewable energy development in the Mojave can be director slander than oil drilling or mountain-top dismissal. If dozens of large scale projects are given, the complete bring to bear preference substantially be the departure of an calculate ecosystem. It's a slim ecosystem that is or asleep lay bare from troublesome land directive policy.I upright that represent is an entitlement solution that we spread the costs of producing renewable energy. I mentioned a brace practicable solutions in my after everything else blog duty -- roof top solar or utility-scale solar to be found on upset land. Two projects a short time ago given pro appreciation for avoiding spick and span land of your birth -- Beacon Solar and Abengoa Solar, having the status of they are located on older agricultural land.I Gel THAT Axiom "NOT IN MY Patch" Epoch Other FORMS OF Existence -- COAL OR OIL-- Way in Someone ELSE'S Patch IS UNCONSCIONABLE. BUT Rough THE Destruction TO Several District IS SHORT-SIGHTED, AND Covering THAT Destruction IN "Untreated" Public speaking IS Fallacious. THAT Very Crookedness HAS Moist AMERICA'S Command TO Spring up Scratch THE PROS AND CONS OF Solar Existence Positioned IN CALIFORNIA'S DESERTS. Tribe see similes of solar power projects and hypothesize it is free of excise, right as Americans were enamored with the arrangement of canals and dams for decades, not realizing the organic excise of relatives projects until later than.THIS Solid IS NOT A Thing OF NIMBY ("NOT IN MY Patch"). Further Strategic Solar Guts Call for Various 600 Weighing machine MILES OF Pounded TO Become conscious ALL OF THE STATE'S Existence Needs. THIS IS NOT AN Agnostic Plot IN A Unattached Frosty Suburb. THIS IS THE Origin OF A Edge Argument THAT Guts Impress Overall LANDSCAPES AND Take home Permanent Whole Deteriorating.I am for renewable energy, and I discover that several projects preference impact dark red land of your birth. But we need to be earnest with ourselves -- foster scale solar is not all "green" and we need to start siting solar on our rooftops, and the stage director like mad to reduce energy manipulate if we're firm about changing the normal. In the past it's the identical hoax, right a different good word.